New videos based on existing published content
Increase the impact of independent research
Create videos about third-party research reports for an audience of enterprise solution providers to:
- Help solution providers understand complex issues more easily and quickly
- Help the audience retain important information because videos can be more engaging and memorable than text
- Make it easier for buyers to share what they like about your solutions
- Build trust with customers by providing them with valuable insights into industry trends and best practices.
Bring case studies to life
Buyers value the types of content shown in the chart. But text content takes a good deal of patience and mental work to absorb. Given a choice, many buyers prefer video.
You can use video to turn reports, case studies, and similar content into stories people will be interested in. All you need to do is
- develop composite characters with jobs like those in your target audience — maybe based on personas already developed by the marketing team
- give these characters credible stories to relate
- add simple visual support like charts, illustrations, photos, and bullet points
Add value to blog posts and articles
This series of videos is based on blog posts and articles published by Symantec subject matter experts. It’s valuable content that represents a lot of work. Each listicle-like video adds value by quickly summarizing the key points and increasing the accessibility and reach of the key messages. The video versions encourage viewers to read the text version and to explore Symantec’s large library of published content.
It’s pre-approved copy!
Because each blog post is well-edited, it’s relatively easy to convert the text to video. In addition, the published copy has already been OK’d by the appropriate “authorities.”
It still takes editorial skill and visual imagination to convert the copy into a video, but you’re off to a fast start working with clear and accessible copy that often includes diagrams and illustrations. Producing a video based on existing content is largely a matter of selecting the most interesting, persuasive, or visually arresting elements and building the video around it.